1. The most important person you can be is YOURSELF. I don't care what you grow up to be or not to be, I don't care if you make millions of dollars, or cure cancer- just be who you are and be proud of it.
2. Understand the difference between healthy and skinny. There is a fine line- but most models today are way too skinny- and at the rate their going models will be a nonexistent size by the time your old enough to care. Never hold yourself to such standards. Be happy and be healthy. Exercise, eat smart, make good choices- but never, ever hold yourself to being skinny. I promise you that, you will always be beautiful. (And Hollywood is airbrushed)
4. Never be fake, never gossip, and never purposely hurt others. One day you will see Mean Girls, please, never be a "mean girl" refer to my previous post.
5. Love your family. One day you will be a teenager and you will loathe me to your very core. But one day you will wish you never spent your teens fighting with your parents. So, for the sake of our relationship- let's just skip that step.
7. Always talk to me. I promise you I won't judge you, even if I get angry- I will help you. That's my job, I'm your Mom and I love you. I would die for you and that still wouldn't be enough. So, please please talk to me. I may not be able to fix everything, but I will help you as much as I can.
8. Chocolate is just fine to eat anytime of the day.
9. Be who you are, and learn to express yourself. But please don't do anything *stupid* that you will regret forever. I'm not talking drink too much and throw up in our front yard stupid- I'm talking life threatening stupid. Your life is precious, I know, I created it. So, please please don't do something dumb that could seriously hurt you.
10. Treasure your friends. Make them wherever you go. At some point in your life, you will be faced with lots of boy (I'm sure your Dad will love it), but learn do not need a man, learn to have a great friends that love you and you will be much happier. Make friends that will last a lifetime, it's amazing. Make friends that help you become a better person.
11. Love with all your heart, to your inner sole. But know that when its not right, walk away, walk away and leave it. Pick up and move on. Again, I'm here for you if you need me. But if you can't talk to me, lean on those amazing friends you've made throughout your life. One day you will meet the love of your life.
13. Meat is your enemy....I'm kidding (sorta).
14. Love thy neighbor. Be open minded God made all people and He intended for them all to be loved. Whites, blacks, Chinese, republicans, democrats, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, gays-whatever. Love them all. Acceptance is the key to love.
15. Find joy and love in an animal (preferably a puppy) but an animal will love you no matter what. Forever.
16. Don't grow up too fast. And even when you are older reveal in the simple joys of life. Life will never be as beautiful as it is seen through innocent eyes.
17. Love your Mema and your Grandpa and thank them everyday. If we are half the parents they were then we will be doing a good job.
18. Be an amazing friend and sister. These people will help shape who you are. Be there for them always- good or bad.
19. Love God. Be spiritual. Seek His grave, love, and forgiveness.
20. Don't drink and drive. And if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need a ride, call me. I'll come.
21. No one owes you anything. If you want something done- do it yourself. "Men are not prisoners of Fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." FDR
22. Learn, keep learning, and then learn some more. You can never be too smart and you are never done learning.
23. Travel. Go everywhere. Explore the world. Ask you Aunt Carrie, Aunt Maggie, or Aunt Karli about all the places they've been. Study abroad if you can, I wish I had.
25. Laugh like this everyday.
And 26. Orange and Maroon is the perfect color combo, any day, any time, any where. Go Hokies :)